Since launching a little over a year ago, Intuitive’s growth has been exceptional and beyond what any of the founders could possibly have imagined. We now have 8 portfolio companies with 25 unique participants boot strapping along with the founders. These 25 individuals include multiple MBAs, Physicians, MD’s, PhD’s and attorneys. Along with the influx of intellectual capital, here is a high level summary of what we have achieved in the past 12 months: –
- Signed 5 portfolio companies including: NavLab, Circulex, Somnowire, and Innovasive
- Internally developed three portfolio companies, HealthEConcierge, Precisive Surgical, and IOMT, with IP and business intelligence created in house
- Signed a licensing agreement with Stryker Corp
- Filed over 25 patents for both Intuitive and our portfolios companies
- Begun fundraising efforts for 3 of our portfolio companies
- Developed strategic partnerships with Stryker Corp and IP Capital and multiple product development companies
Of course, with this type of growth comes new challenges and increased pressures. We are putting our efforts into balancing the needs of the business, the need for growth, capital needs and divestments and evaluating new opportunities while still focusing on the needs of our existing clients. We are also focused on having a culture of collaboration and growth that everyone buys into. We are focused on bridging those areas and creating a sustainable business model.